AIC seeks a Development Intern for its DC office. The position is flexible with regard to schedule and number of hours worked per week, although the ideal candidate will be able to work at least 15-20 hours per week. The complexity of tasks assigned will be appropriate to the skill level of the selected intern. All internships are unpaid.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with drafting and editing grant proposals in accordance with AIC’s internal grant application protocol;
- Research, become familiar with, and document in a detailed database private and public foundations and government funding sources;
- Assist with tracking, maintaining and expanding a database of individual donors and foundation funding leadss;
- Assist with logistics and planning of fundraising events coordinated by the AIC staff;
- Attend development-related meetings with Director of Development to record minutes;
- Attend fundraising events to the extent that the intern’s schedule allows.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and Internet research skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with databases (like DonorPerfect, Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft ACCESS);
- Experience with or interest in learning how to track and complete multi-step processes like proposal writing and donor cultivation;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently when needed.
While not requisite, knowledge of or proficiency in Arabic or any language of the Islamic world will be helpful, as well as a knowledge of current affairs, with particularly emphasis on the Arab and Muslim world.
Please send resume, cover letter and brief writing sample to [email protected] with the subject Development Intern.