Project Nur is a student-led initiative advocating for social justice by empowering responsible leaders to cultivate an environment of acceptance and mutual respect between Muslims and all communities.
PROJECT NUR GOALS
- Lead a movement to promote principles of human rights and civil rights in the United States and around the world by raising awareness through programs and events.
- Engage student leaders in civil and entrepreneurial initiatives by actively participating in projects in our local communities and abroad.
- Provide a space for every one of different cultural backgrounds and experience to celebrate the diversity in our nation.
- Build the next generation of leaders to remedy the challenges facing the American Muslim community through action-based initiatives focused on promoting coexistence of all communities.
- Create the ground for voices of pluralism of American Muslims and American non-Muslims by working with students who are progressive, reformist, liberal, secular, moderate or conservative, without proselytizing and judging Muslims of different thought.
BENEFITS OF PROJECT NUR
● Gain leadership skills by creating innovative programs about important global issues.
● Participate in annual Project Nur Student Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C.
● Connect to a network of future leaders and professionals in the private, public and non-profit sectors.
● Intern in D.C. and Boston to explore career choices and improve competitiveness as a candidate in the job market.