AIC is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator for its student-led initiative, Project Nur. This is a full-time position from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, plus occasional evenings and weekends, as required. The Project Nur Program Coordinator will report to AIC’s Executive Director and the Project Nur Program Manager. S/he will work with AIC staff, contractors, consultants and partners to ensure timely performance of AIC projects and/or any other work as directed by AIC’s Executive Director and Program Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiating campus programming efforts, including networking activities for Muslim students across the country via Project Nur list-servs and newsletters.
- Implementing a series of events on campuses, and collaborating with the student activists on humanitarian campaigns, interfaith dialogue groups, and bringing Muslim reformers to speak on campus.
- Recruiting student members through campus visits, referrals from community leaders and media search.
- Helping in organizing an annual conference to recognize student leaders involved with Project Nur, and to provide training through workshops on responsible student leadership.
- Increasing Project Nur’s networking through working with existing college chapters of Project Nur and encouraging other relationships with other colleges.
- Identifying core numeric benchmarks that will continue the growth of Project Nur chapters and student networks.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on International Relations, Intercultural Studies, Communications or Journalism is highly preferred
- 1-3 years experience in project / development coordination, program coordination and/or outreach coordination
- Experience with student activism and youth work
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail; ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and prioritize effectively
- Excellent writing/verbal communication skills
- Event planning, promotion, and implementation
- Strong interpersonal/inter-cultural communication skills and the ability to build and cultivate strong partnerships
- Discretion, flexibility, the ability to deal with and negotiate conflict effectively and with a sense of humor
- Human rights advocacy experience highly desirable
- Willing to travel within the United States
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to: email@example.com.